Re: Tiller termite (o/b motor) vs Easy Steer System

Gordon (hlg@pacbell.net)
Sat, 8 Aug 1998 21:10:23 -0700

Louie and Ted-

Lee Page has a simple setup for linking the rudder and motor on his P15.
Here's his recent post:

"Hi Paul,
Also been there/done that - twice. Now, when steering with the outboard, I
either let the rudder swing free, or more usually rig an adjustable
link between the tiller and the outboard so that the motor follows the
rudder (or visa versa). The linking rod (a piece of adsustable mop handle
secured to the rudder and the outboard handle by a pin through each) is
very quickly set up or removed. It not only solved the problem of the prop
fouling the rudder, but seems to give an added measure of control under
power.

Lee Page in Sacramento, CA
WWP #602, Archaeopteryx"

Lee's email address is <megjac@prodigy.net>.