Re: Heel! Heel!

Doug Jones (djones@turbotek.net)
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 23:05:12 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_00B7_01BDD07C.D03B20E0

Hi Paul:

I take everything you say seriously...:-) If I can arrange it I will =
try to have someone take a video from the shore. I hope a "rescue" boat =
won't be necessary. If I do get a video your offer of the avi.capture =
(whatever that is) sounds great. I have no pride, so the thought of =
thousands of people seeing me trying to sink a perfectly good boat =
doesn't bother me in the least. I'll be the one wearing the fake nose =
and moustache . :-{)

Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know how things turn out.

Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Allikas <paul.allikas@ibm.net>
To: Doug Jones <djones@turbotek.net>
Cc: wwpotter@tscnet.com <wwpotter@tscnet.com>
Date: Monday, August 24, 1998 9:51 AM
Subject: Re: Heel! Heel!

I mean this seriously: Will you have a chase (rescue) boat involved, =
and do you intend to capture the 'experiment' on video? If so, we =
should be able to capture the moment of truth and create an .AVI file =
for posting for others to see. Should be viewed from the rear, to =
observe the angles, etc. I will be glad to do the .avi capture and =
posting for you.=20
Doug Jones wrote:=20
=20
Hello: First I'd like to thank everyone for your responses to my =
heeling question. I have received a lot of good information and advice. =
I still have this strange desire to put my poor Potter to its limits, =
so I plan to intentionaly capsize it. (In fresh water, without the =
engine, etc.) I plan to do this on a calm day by just jumping in the =
lake and slowly pulling on the boat. According to those who know much =
more about the technical side of getting wet, this experiment will only =
loosely relate to real capsizing condtions. (Wet sails, hard wind, two =
people leaning over the railing, center board position, etc.) Anyway, =
it will probably be about a week before I am able to do this. I first =
have to convince one of my sailing buddies, get it to a lake (I have =
never sailed except in the Puget Sound) get a warm day and build up my =
nerve. However, I'll let everyone know the results. Thanks again! =
DougP14 588 Olympia, WA"Sputnik"
=20
--=20
Paul Allikas=20
Raleigh, NC=20
WWP P19 #896 "Valhalla"=20
=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_00B7_01BDD07C.D03B20E0

Hi Paul:

I take everything you say seriously...:-)  If I = can=20 arrange it I will try to have someone take a video from the shore.  = I hope=20 a "rescue" boat won't be necessary.  If I do get a video = your=20 offer of the avi.capture (whatever that is) sounds great.  I have = no pride,=20 so the thought of thousands of people seeing me trying to sink a = perfectly good=20 boat doesn't bother me in the least. I'll be the one wearing the fake = nose and=20 moustache . :-{)

Thanks for the offer, I'll let you = know how=20 things turn out.

Doug

-----Original = Message-----