Re: Topping lift

Dennis W. Farrell (dfarrell@ridgecrest.ca.us)
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 13:15:45 -0700

Many of the postings on topping lifts mention leading the topping lift from
the masthead. Please consider leading one instead from the shroud
attachment points. The lower, more inclined, lead provides less
opportunity for the top batten (or others, for that matter) to get hung up
in the topping lift during that part of hoisting when the leach is slack
and blowing about a bit. Having tried both locations, I now lead from the
shroud attachment points on both my P-15 and my M-15

-- dwf
M-15 #189 -- I haven't lived with her long enough yet to have learned
her name --
P-15 #1086 "PELICAN" -- 'Tis better to putter with a Potter than
potter with a putter !
Ridgecrest, CA