Re: Fwd: Singlehandling a P19

Paul Allikas (paul.allikas@ibm.net)
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 14:16:50 -0400

I singlehand my p19 (only after half a dozen outings with the help of my wife and kids). Rigging with the factory fulcrum
pole and cabin top cleat is easy, just raise, cleat and go forward to tie off the jibstay. I have the CDI roller furling,
that makes handling the Genoa a lot more manageable. At a mininmum, I would suggest a jib downhaul. Also, the addition of a
tiller tamer, can secure the tiller while I go forward to the main halyards, now led aft. Drop sails and motor to the dock,
with a telescopic boat hook. I also use the boat hook for pushing down the rudder. When launching and retrieving, use longer
than normal bow and stern lines and walk it off and onto the trailer, from the dock.

--
Paul Allikas
Raleigh, NC