Subject: Re: for sale
Author: Gordon <hlg@pacbell.net> at #Internet
Date: 9/12/98 3:33 PM

>hello, I'd appreciate it if you would post this in the For Sale
>section.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Randy Watkins
>
>WW 1975 Potter 15 project / spare parts boat: hull#579
>Includes boat with new Harken jib cleats, cushions, standard rigging,
>serviceable galvanized trailer with new spare, new Fulton Bunk board
>guide on, 2 mains, standard jib, genoa.
>
>Problem: I hit an underwater tree or stump and it jammed the
>centerboard and twisted the trunk area where the centerboard won't slide
>up or down. The centerboard is currently out of the boat.
>I had a repair facility look at the boat and with their $45/ hr. labor
>it would be more expensive to repair than I had in the boat. I was told
>the trunk would need to be rebuilt. It was about 90% labor and 10%
>parts. This is a more complicated task than I have expertise / time to
>do.
>
>I'm interested in selling the boat & trailer as is for $500 OBO. It is
>located in College Station, Tx.
>There a few photos of the boat at:
>http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Docks/6517/TPotPics.htm
>
>If interested: Randy_Watkins@odp.tamu.edu

Tough luck on your boat, Randy, but it looks like a good buy for someone
who has the skills to fix it. I've posted your ad on the Potter Yachters
web page <http://songbird.com/py/boats.htm> so please let me know when you
sell the boat or if you want to change the ad.

I will also forward this exchange to the Potter mail list.

Harry Gordon
Potter Yachters Web Editor