Re: Yet Another Project

Ted Duke (tduke@cfw.com)
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 08:42:50 -0400

Eric,

I added a 22 gallon rubber tank under the sink (with a pump). The water fill is
on the port side and the fill tube runs down just aft of the sink (and thru he
portside quarterberth). 22 gals is overkill I KNOW, but my kids gave me the
parts for Father's Day last year and my son helped me install it. It doesn't
have to be full unless I decide on a loooooong weekend. Getting in there to
install it thru the hole under the sink was a job, but it works. The faucett in
my sink has a hand pump built-in, but I installed a pump and a double throw
switch to operate the pump. SWITCH- UP is on spring loaded back to off. CENTER
is OFF, down is ON (Not spring loaded. Real overkill again, but very
versatile. Works for me so far.

I used plain water last summer. Drained it and use RV anti-freeze last winter.
Partially refilled and drained this spring and then filled halfway. Still had
some RV antifreeze in it, so drained it again and am going to refill, probably
half full next trip. Thus far we don't use it much. Wash hands, fill coffee
pot, but when we finally get around to a two-nighter or longer it will be ready.