Fwd: Lake Tahoe Weather - Changes Quick

GSTahoe@aol.com
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 22:49:47 EDT

--part0_907037387_boundary

Jeff--

Welcome to the crowd! I have learned to respect this lake and I have seen
other's get the same lesson. As I type this, 20 minutes ago it was warm and
sunny. Right now the lightning and thunder are reminding me of the Jimmy
Buffet song where he says, "The sound of the weather is heaven's ragtime
band!"

When the lake kicks up, it can be instantly. I stay away entirely when the
weather is even close to questionable. That was one of my concerns with our
group sail. Had a weather front moved through that weekend with so many newer
sailor's planning on an entire weekend on the lake, it could have interesting.
As it was, the weekend was absolutely perfect.

The weather is now getting quite changeable and unpredictable. We have
already had our first snow. This weekend we had a water spout on the lake
that was huge. I am putting Lollipop to rest for the winter. Time to think
of skiing.

Actually, I am planning a trip with my family in a couple of weeks to Nova
Scotia, but the boat we'll be on has hot tubs, midnight buffets, evening shows
and stabilizers. Just like my P-15.

I am sincerely glad that you made it back to the keys with no more damage than
a thrilling memory.

Geoff
P-15 Lollipop
No. Lake Tahoe, NV