Re: Battery under V-Berth?

Ted Duke (tduke@cfw.com)
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 19:46:58 -0400

Dave and gang,

Been reading all of the mail about putting more weight in the front of the P19.
Been considering moving the battery forward, primarily yo make room under the
starboard cupboard. Helen and I went sailing today, light winds, lots of
windshifts. Started playing around with weight to the front. Heaviest thing
around is me (about 170#-ugh). Had Helen man the tiller, she really doesn't like
to do that, and ewent forward. After she or four evolutions we decided that she
definitely sailed faster with me forward.

GUESS WHERE I AM GOING TO PUT MY BATTERY? Then I can put groceries in the
starboard cabinet where we can see whats there. The port cabinet has a rubber
water tank and I stow papertowels and light stuff in there. Might add a liftable
shelf in each side. Hope I can get it and some other things done this winter.
Last year didn't get anything done.

Ted