Solar Power

JBlumhorst@aol.com
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 13:40:20 EDT

For those of use who are interested in solar battery charging, I received the
following suggestion from WindSun. I priced the panel and regulator and it
came out to between $300 and $400, depending on the type of panel, for a
thirty watt system that delivered approx 10-12 amphours per day
----------------------------------
Subj: Re: Data posted to form 1 of http://www.windsun.com/feedback.htm
Date: 98-10-19 11:12:18 EDT
From: wlauzon@worldnet.att.net (Warren Lauzon)
To: jblumhorst@aol.com

since most of your use is on weekends, go with a smaller panel and a
larger battery. That way the panel has plenty of time to recharge over
the week, but enough capacity to carry through the weekend. I suggest
a panel in the 30-50 watt range and about a 105 AH battery, and a
SunSaver charge regulator. Prices and spec/size sheets on our panels
are at http://www.windsun.com/PV_Stuff/pv_pricing.htm

Electricity from the Sun since 1979
http://www.windsun.com