Re: [Fwd: Speeding up launch]

gatorjj@etrademail.com
26 Oct 1998 15:19:24 -0800

On Sun, 25 October 1998, Ted Duke wrote:

> > My gooseneck doesn't hinge far enough away from the mast track to allow it
> > to be raised parallel to the mast. I tried this in a hurry when backing into
> > the water I found a tree branch in the way, so I lowered the mast with the
> > boom attached. The boom next to the gooseneck hit the mast and pulled the
> > gooseneck out of the boom.
>
> Comment: OOPS! Sorry. Maybe a modified gooseneck could be engineered? Humm,
> okay engineers, design one for us and find someone who will manufacture them for
> us at a price we can't refuse.
> Ted

My thinking (again, I'm still thinking, haven't had time to deal with the reality yet!) is that you could pull the gooseneck out, but (if you have them) leave the slugs in and secured, and bungee or tie the whole thing to the mast (I'm also looking at some sort of quick disconnect for the boom vang). Where or if it's even possible, I don't know yet, as there's the issue of the tabernacle, hatch, and the jib-in-a-bag that all might get in the way. Then there's the issue of that tied up sail getting beat about in the wind while driving. If we could get it all figured out, it would definitely knock some time off.