Re: Fwd: tail light and leaks

DAVID_KAUTZ@HP-Sunnyvale-om5.om.hp.com
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 15:40:06 -0800

--openmail-part-0a38d990-00000001

Geoff,

I read about these in a British magazine while travelling and wondered
whether Honda was going to sell them in the US. The article had
nothing but praise, except for the noise level.

The clutch is centrifugal so the engine can be started and idled
without turning the propeller But when the rpm are increased, the
output shaft and propeller are engaged automatically. Sounds pretty
cool, eh?

Now that you've seen one, the question I'd like to ask you is: Do you
think the new Honda will fit on the standard P-15 motor mount?

Dave Kautz
P-15 #1632

Subject: Fwd: tail light and leaks
Author: Non-HP-GSTahoe (GSTahoe@aol.com) at hp-boise,mimegw7
Date: 10/28/98 2:43 PM

Bill--

When you speak of "the well-used look" are you referring to the boat, yourself
or bear? :-)

On a more serious note and addressed to all: Today I took my Honda 2 in for
service and winterizing. As soon as I walked into the dealer I noticed Honda
2's that looked nothing like mine. They are the new ones. According to the
dealer, not only has the shroud changed, the whole engine is different.

They have a different valve arrangement, overhead instead of side valves,
according to them they are substantially quieter and smoother. They are even
more efficient going farther on a tank and with even less emissions. Now the
good stuff: They even have a clutch! The new motors also have a throttle on
the tiller handle (that's an option). That would be super-handy for backing
out of a slip. They've even managed to shave four or five pounds off the
weight. I think he said they are about 25 pounds now!

They now have three models of the 2 horse. If I were trying to make up my
mind as to what motor to use, there wouldn't be any doubt in my mind now. The
dealer did say he only got four of the new motors in and they all sold the
first day.

Geoff
P-15 Lollipop
N. Lake Tahoe, NV

--openmail-part-0a38d990-00000001

>am I the only one that covers his boat?

Probably close to it. I have two covers but never use either. The lack
contributes to
that well-used look. :-)

Regards,
Bill Combs