Re: Fwd: cabin top handrails

The Costas (uffda@sonic.net)
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 20:20:17 -0800

From: Gordon <hlg@pacbell.net>
To: Jesse and Larry <uffda@sonic.net>
Date: Wednesday, October 28, 1998 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: Fwd: cabin top handrails

>Yeah, Larry. Gee whiz, it's been a couple of years since Bruce said
>anything unkind about Yank Potters.

Couple of years? Just last week he made that crack about over here "in the
former colonies." I think that kind of talk is just plain rude... unless he
was making a joke, then I find it kind of ironic....

>He is "our man in the UK" and I've had
>many cordial exchanges with him. Be nice or they will start calling you
>"Lars of the West."

To Lars, and all... I would be proud to wear that title!

>Incidentally Lars and Solarfry have made friends and are now having
>frequent chats.

My life has been enriched by knowing both of them.

>Harry
>
>>Gee Larry, lighten up! Sounds like you could use a day out sailing!

Sorry, but I can't seem to find the time as I have been spending every free
moment trying to keep that &%#$* MG running! "If it don't leak, it aint
British!"

>>Nobody ever said the British don't think a little differently. They don't
>>even speak the same English! But, let's not alienate those poor folks who
>>have to live under a monarchy. I mean, when was the last time the Queen
was
>>caught in a hallway at Buckingham Palace doin' a little hootchy-coo with
one
>>of the staff?
>>
>>Bruce's contributions have always been entertaining and enlightening.

(if not just a tad bit pompous)

>>Let's not start another solarfry thing here. Please!

As I don't live under a monarchy but in a free state, I think I will
continue posting what I feel... That is until someone shouts louder then
me. (Isn't that the way we do it over here in the colonies?)

In truth, this was done tongue-in-cheek (with a little brandy (good NorCal
stuff) over the tongue), but it IS the truth as I see it.

Larry
Left Coast and proud of it!