Re: speed vs. hp

SolarFry@aol.com
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 21:45:24 EST

<< Subj: Fwd: speed vs. hp
Date: 98-11-06 21:04:32 EST
From: Tpbnna1@aol.com
To: wwpotter@tscnet.com

In a message dated 11/6/98 6:02:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
WZeitler@compuserve.com writes:

<< >Dear fellow sailors,
>I conducted some tests over a known distance to determine whether or not I
>could exceed hull speed in my P-15. With a 3.5 hp nissan, max speed of
5.3
>mph was achieved at 25% throttle >>

As an old drag racer with nothing to do this winter, I think I'll mount my
old
429 Cobra Jet twin carb full race 600 horsepower Mustang engine in the
cockpit
with a Merc sterndrive unit, and see if she'll plane then. As long as the
headers don't melt the seatcushions, I don't see any problems, and then I can
outrun those hotdog bass boats.

Butch >>

According to Scott Johnson 35Hp should get her on plane... We tested with
twin 225HP FICHT and she did 105MPH. In the exhilaration of reaching that
speed we managed to run down a couple of PWC users and one Florida Marine
Patrol officer...
He was pissed...

We also Beat the pants off a Cigarette... Let me know how fast she goes with
them 600 horses...

I hope you have them horses trained to use the Potty... Otherwise...
Phooeeyyy...

By the way I could use some Bail money to get out of this jail... That Officer
friendly had no sense of humor...

SF