Re: Cheap Foulies

Ted Duke (tduke@cfw.com)
Mon, 09 Nov 1998 19:19:41 -0500

John,

My wife and I are novices, and the first time I asked Helen if she wanted to
hold the tiller or go forward and lower the jib her reply in essence was, "I
don't wan't to do either, but I'm NOT going up there EVER!", and since she's has
Irish ancestry and we have been happily married 37 of 38 years, I have taken
her at her word. She has learned to be quite adept at the tiller in low winds
if there are no fast power boats within several miles, although she still would
rather let me "do it". She loves a reach in a 8 to 10 mph breeze, which
unfortunately we see little of, there being many days of 2 to 3 mph winds and a
few of too much wind, and although I have foulies, suspect she will probably
never put hers on to try them out. Oh well, next spring! (although the boat is
still at the slip and I will try this Friday or Saturday).

Ted Duke
WWP19 #626
Mountains of Virginia

snippet--