Re: lines run aft

JBlumhorst@aol.com
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 01:50:21 EST

In a message dated 11/9/98 10:38:12 PM Pacific Standard Time, charlton-
b@cyberhouse.org writes:

> I installed two pivoting exit blocks w/ cam at the base of the mast of
> my P15. I fixed a couple of line hangers against the cabin wall lateral
> to the companionway hatch where the halyards are coiled and out of the
> way. It was simple, quick, and effective. With the aid of my trusty
> jib downhaul, I can raise and lower the jib from the cockpit in
> seconds. I can drop the main the same way.

Bryan,

Could you elaborate on how you rigged your main so you can lower it from the
cockpit. I have a P-19 and I didnt enjoy climbing up on the cabin to drop it
Sunday in a storm. I can raise it from the cockpit, but I have a hard time
getting it down without climbing up and nursing the slugs (is that what
they're called?) down the track in the mast.

Thanks.

Judith Blumhorst, DC
WWP-19 #266 "Redwing"
Danville, CA