Re: Two stroke ban on Lake Tahoe

GSTahoe@aol.com
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 16:42:26 EST

In a message dated 11/17/98 1:37:44 PM Pacific Standard Time, hlg@pacbell.net
writes:

> So the law as written will ban ALL two-stroke engines? Or is there a
> horsepower limit?

Harry,

As I understand it now, the law will ban all CARBUERATED two-strokes. That is
the key. The larger two strokes such as what the Coast Guard uses on their
cutters up here are injected. When PWC manufacturers come up with a way to
inject the smaller engines, they should be in compliance.

On the other hand, they are now talking about emission checks, not unlike what
you have on automobiles in California. All engines will be required to have a
pollution level within a specified range. I don't believe that limit has been
announced as yet.

Geoff
P-15 Lollipop
N. Lake Tahoe, NV