RE: mast step clevis pin

Eric Johnson (ej@tx3.com)
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 17:27:42 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01BE1FAB.6636F920

I just use a stainless steel bolt of the appropriate length in my 88 #461.
hey, whats your hull# and location?

A few hours with a VHF and you'll realize it ain't a whole heck of a lot of
help. At least out here in Seattle the CG won't come save you unless your
capsized, burning boat is a hazard to commercial navigation, and then
they'll just tow you out of the shipping lanes and set you free. I'm dead
serious. But I carry one anyways. A cell phone is pretty handy if you have
coverage in your area.

My VHF is a handheld unit i keep in a little holder screwed to the
companionway ladder. For a fixed mount I'd probably put it under the
cabintop near the companionway.
-----Original Message-----
From: William R Purcell II [mailto:purcellwilldeanlaw@carolina.net]
Sent: Friday, December 04, 1998 2:46 PM
To: wwpotter@tscnet.com
Subject: mast step clevis pin

Hi folks I am a new (old) Potter 19 owner, bought a 1989 last month from
a used car dealer of all things--obviously no knowledge of the boat. Most
of it is in pretty good shape, just needs a little rouge and lipstick. One
problem is that there is no clevis pin or other apparent attatchment to
connect the mast to the step. International Marine sent me a coupl of
clevis pins but they were too short by a couple of inches. Any suggestions
on what to substitute or what I should be looking? Also my bride will not
sail without a vhf, any thoughts on the best place to mount the same?

Bill Purcell
89 Potter 19
Name under debate

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01BE1FAB.6636F920

I just=20 use a stainless steel bolt of the appropriate length in my 88 #461. hey, = whats=20 your hull# and location?

A few=20 hours with a VHF and you'll realize it ain't a whole heck of a lot of = help. At=20 least out here in Seattle the CG won't come save you unless your = capsized,=20 burning boat is a hazard to commercial navigation, and then they'll just = tow you=20 out of the shipping lanes and set you free. I'm dead serious. But I = carry one=20 anyways. A cell phone is pretty handy if you have coverage in your area. =

My VHF=20 is a handheld unit i keep in a little holder screwed to the companionway = ladder.=20 For a fixed mount I'd probably put it under the cabintop near the = companionway.=20