Re: Siren and whatnot/Stealth-O-Matic Drive

Rye Gewalt (ryeg@vais.net)
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 05:13:30 -0500

--------------102F7DD9A73CE80400536D07

Lars;

I believe that my Minkota is about 18 pounds of thrust. It's out in the
shed and I will go out there and dig it out and get the details later
when the weather clears. It took a while for the boat to get up to
"speed" with the little guy, but for "potting" around the shallow water
it was great. Wouldn't want to fight any tides or high winds with it
though....

I don't know where my old Siren finally wound up. I got the idea that I
was too old to sail and sold it on the spur of the moment to a young
couple who kept it for a year and then moved up to a bigger boat. It
took me a about a month to start regretting the sale and about three
years to buy this present HMS18. I think that the 18 won't be quite as
cramped as I am getting a little bit creaky in my old age and that's
what started to get to me on the Siren. They appear periodically in
the Washington Post and I will keep an eye out for one for you.

Tom and Valerie sent me the address of Chuck Arnold
cdarnold@teleport.com and I will be getting in touch with him to find
out about his design.

Regards
Rye gewalt