Re: Nissan 5 HP

GSTahoe@aol.com
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 11:09:09 EST

In a message dated 1/31/99 7:58:42 AM Pacific Standard Time,
WZeitler@compuserve.com writes:

> FYI....I use a 5 HP , 4 cycle HONDA on my 21 foot shallow draft motor
> cruiser [ was a sail boat ].
>
> This also is a single cylinder unit so it does vibrate [ especially at low
> rpms ] more then I would like, but not a problem. It also is not quite
> as quiet as I had expected...but a bit less then a 2 cycle.

I understand, according to our local Honda dealer, that the new 1999 model
Hondas have been redesigned and are smoother, quieter and a bit lighter than
their predecessors. This, of course, is per the dealer. I have seen them in
the showroom, but they haven't been out long enough to have met anyone using
them. I also understand they've been selling the new models in Europe for a
few months before they where released here in the US, so perhaps one of our
members "on the other side" may have met someone using a 1999 Honda.

Geoff
P-15 Lollipop
N. Lake Tahoe, NV