Re: Advice Sought on Refinishing Centerboard

JBlumhorst@aol.com
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 14:36:24 EST

In a message dated 2/1/99 10:40:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
david_kautz@hp.com writes:

> Spray it with the "galvanize-in-a-can" stuff?
>
> I'm curious whether anyone has experience with that last item. The
> manufacturers claim that their product is in excess of 90% zinc after it
> dries and will work as a sacrificial anode the way that conventional
> galvanizing does. Is this for real? Will the stuff adhere?

Hi,

I talked to Rustoleum once about their version of this zinc paint (in the
context of a dinghy trailer I had built) and was advised that it is not very
abrasision resistant. They recommend using it only for touching up galvanized
metal that has been welded or cut.

Judith Blumhorst, DC
WWP-19 #266 "Red Wing"
SF Bay, CA