RE: Advice on Leaky front hatch on P19?

Eric Johnson (ej@tx3.com)
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 07:48:20 -0800

> In a message dated 2/1/99 1:59:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> ej@tx3.com writes:
>
> > So I spend about $2 on a length of rubber vaccuum hose at an auto parts
> > store, slit one side, and installed it around the hatch
> opening. It works
> > pretty well :)
>
> Hi Eric,
>
> What diameter hose did you use? Sounds better than the gasket
> material that
> I've looked at, at long as I can get the hatch down over it.

Its probably roughly 1/4". maybe a little bigger It doesn't make a TIGHT
seal but i suspect it will slow down some of the water, which never was much
of a problem for me in the first place through the front hatch. A real tight
seal would make it tougher to open the hatch.

On the daggerboard trunk, I used some spongy foam rubber weatherstripping
attached to the underside of the fiberglass piece at the top of the
daggerboard. This works ASTONISHINGLY well, I honestly can't believe how
much less water I take in through the daggerboard trunk.