Re: harbor camping

Frank Gibb (geebee@jps.net)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 09:33:51 -0800

From: JPMteach26@aol.com <JPMteach26@aol.com>
To: wwpotter@tscnet.com <wwpotter@tscnet.com>
Date: Saturday, February 13, 1999 11:12 AM
Subject: harbor camping

>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>Hi Folks,
>
>I know this topic is kinda regional but sorta not. I was thinking I would
>visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium, in the middle-ish California coast, in
early
>April. Instead of getting a hotel room I thought it would be fun and
clever
>to rent out a guest slip in one the harbors near by. Then, I could go
sailing
>around, one day, and visit the aquarium the other day. Any suggestions?
>Anyone familiar with the harbors around Monterey Bay? (I would be
trailering
>there with my P15, of course.) Thanks.
>
>John McCarter
>P15 #1278

Hi John,
I've sailed out of Monterey Bay for over 20 years now, and what you have
in mind is a great idea. When I lived on my boat in Moss Landing
(Challenger 32), and worked at the Monterey Airport, I used to sail down to
Monterey and tie up at the Monterey Peninsula Yacht Club for 48 hours (with
club reciprocals), then moved into a slip assigned by the Harbormaster for
the next 5 days or so. They are very accommodating in finding you a slip,
even for only 1 night. Give it a try, you'll have fun, meet friendly local
boaters, and save $$ in the process.
Have fun!
Frank Gibb
P-14 #267