Re: Estela in the mud

Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 07:08:53 -0800

On Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 09:48:08AM -0800, DAVID_KAUTZ@HP-Sunnyvale-om5.om.hp.com wrote:
> Judy,
>
> If the newspaper article is correct, the Estella lies about 150 ft. off the
> main channel, which is 20 ft. deep. There is no reason why the P19s
> couldn't go at least that far. To get closer, perhaps the 19s could be left
> at anchor and their occupants moved into the P-15s temporarily for closer
> exploration. The 19s could reciprocate by towing us back to Redwood City
> under power (with potty privileges) while we nap....

Quick check of the tides (at the Dumbarton Bridge): March 6 high
tide is around 3:00pm, 6.4 feet; March 20 is around 2:30pm, 7.5
feet. I suspect that on the 20th, at least, the P-19's could make
it to the ship fairly easily.

--
Kent Crispin, PAB Chair				"Do good, and you'll be
kent@songbird.com				lonesome." -- Mark Twain