RE: please remove me

Tiffany, Doug (TiffanyD@phibred.com)
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:05:43 -0600

Kerry,

I don't think this was the intention of the recent post. This group is one
of the most diverse, connected and helpful networks of users I have ever
been associated with and it is important that everyone/anyone who sails a
Potter know that they, and their opinions, suggestions, ideas, etc., are
welcome, no matter how simple, over engineered, or ridiculous they sound on
the surface. All of us on this list, I hope, are there as pure sailors who
love their boats/sport and whether they are degreed, certified, registered,
cloned and/or otherwise officially recognized for something
physical/intellectual or other is immaterial. I propose everyone remove all
titles from their names, and all references to their type/place/status of
work or position, unless it lends to their being more helpful as a key
source for good Pottering/sailing information and technical help.

I certainly didn't buy a Potter to put up with some elite white jacket
sailing crowd and their overblown impressions of themselves. I bought it
based on what I saw as its ability to meet my needs AND due to the down to
earth, helpful and accepting nature of the owners who sincerely wanted to
enjoy sailing and help others do the same. This group had as much to do
with my decision as the boat itself.

We need you and every other Potter owner who just wants to sail a boat.
Thats all I want to do. If you leave we all loose. That said, if we
allow ourselves to be so small minded and narrow that we can't get along
with anybody who doesn't work/live/travel in the same small circles we
inhabit, we have lost already.

Doug