Re: Trailering Advice

theodore f. boyer (freelanc@execpc.com)
Thu, 04 Mar 1999 01:31:54 -0600

--------------697935BC5CBA8C369E938BAB

Greg,
I can tell you from experience the belly strap is very effective in keeping
your boat on the trailer in cornering and high winds. As they say "don't
leave home without it". Oh yes, I too had trouble with the correct way to
attach that buckle until I made a sketch for myself.
The outboard motor rated limits for the WWPotter19 by IM, seems a little
generous to me for a heavier 4hp+ on it's transom. I found by adding a
Stainless Steel buck plate about .25" thick by about 18" x 24" helped
eliminate vibration, harmonics and any fantail buckling in travel with O.B.
attached.

Ted - Milwaukee WWPotter19 Hull#940 "Sea Breeze"