Re: P15 Trailer Wheel size.

SolarFry@aol.com
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 19:18:43 EST

Best
SF hanging in there...

In a message dated 3/9/99 1:36:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, RSKARAM@aol.com
writes:

<< Subj: Re: RE: P15 Trailer
Date: 3/9/99 1:36:56 PM Eastern Standard Time
From: RSKARAM@aol.com
To: LBertran@npr.org, wwpotter@tscnet.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >>

Subj: Re: RE: P15 Trailer
Date: 3/9/99 1:36:56 PM Eastern Standard Time
From: RSKARAM@aol.com
To: LBertran@npr.org, wwpotter@tscnet.com
Dear Laura:
I had the 8 inch wheel tilt trailer on my previous P-15. I now have a later
P-15 #2098 with the newer trailer and 12 inch wheels. On my short trips I
couldn't discern any difference. The difference I did notice is that the old
8 inch wheeled trailer would allow you to launch in a mud puddle. The 12 inch
wheels require you to get further out into the water.
I do prefer my new trailer because it is galvanized, supports the boat
better, and I suspect is a lot more durable. It is worth the price of not
being able to launch as easily as the 8 inch wheels.
I would suggest that you leave the 8 inch wheels on and spend your money on a
spare 8" wheel if you don't have one. I figure the spare tire would be more
security than the bigger tires.
Richard S. Karam
P-15 #2098 Oops
Oklahoma City