Re: Potters on Freighters

Wolfgang Bechstein (wolfie@alles.or.jp)
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 08:01:59 +0900

"Steven W. Barnes" <oldsurfdude@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> I also thought the rest of the group would have some interest in the
> cost of shipping a boat, so they are getting this also.

They may have less interest in my reaction to it, but I'll still cc
it to the list, just in case.

Thanks a lot for promptly looking into shipping. In my blue-eyed
innocence, I had reckoned more on something like around a thousand
dollars. $2,250 is a bit steep, and it has prompted me to rethink my
plans. I guess I'll look a bit more into locally available options
for the moment (though I've never seen or heard of a Potter in Japan;
anybody know?). So if you find a buyer for your boat (which BTW definitely
sounds like a good deal), please go ahead and don't wait for me.

Meanwhile I'll keep on reading the list and dreaming...

Wolfgang Bechstein
wolfie@alles.or.jp
Current boat at http://www.escape.com/~yesss/