Re: Tall Ships at Redwood City?

Steven W. Barnes (oldsurfdude@worldnet.att.net)
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 15:16:29 -0800

SR500F@aol.com wrote:

> Friday's San Jose Mercury, page B1 has an article announcing the arrival of
> two tall ships to Redwood City Harbor. The ships are the "Hawaiian Cheiftain"
> and the "Lady Washington".

I saw both of them when they were here in San Diego a couple of months
ago. They are pretty neato keeno, if you like that sort of thing, and I
do. A couple of years ago, I was out in a friend's J-92, a very fast 30
foot sloop, and Hawaiian Chieftain sailed past us like we were a
bathtub. I guess it's that waterline thing. It was at sunset, and the
Chieftain, sailing into it, was leaving San Diego to go to San
Francisco, and it was real purty and everything. I would have forgotten
to use a camera, even if I had had it at the moment, it was that good.

:)

Steve Barnes sailing a Capri-16, #74, no name yet,
and selling a WWP-14, Popeye, #561, in San Diego.
OLDSURFDUDE