Re: Cockpit Clutter and Sail Numbers

Derek Jensen (djensen@teleport.com)
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 10:06:44 -0800

Hi John,

I can relate to your complaint, as I often find myself in the same predicament. Add another
person, a couple coffe cups or beers, a portable radio, and some lively winds and you've got
a regular 3 ring circus in that little cockpit. Probably the best solution would be to sew up some
little bags (or buy them for the usual chandlery markup) that could hang on the rails to hold your
lines. Come to think of it, my harness and sailing gloves came in little mesh bags that would work
perfect for this!

I find that after enough times of sitting on everything, It becomes automatic to loosley coil the
lines up and toss them out of the way. I feel much more confident when everything is properly
stowed.

Derek Jensen
P-15 #694 "El Nino"
Portland, OR