FW: Stove Replacement

Bill Combs (ttursine@gnt.net)
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 21:44:20 -0600

----------
From: "Bill Combs" <ttursine@gnt.net>
To: "Daniel G. Fleagle" <DGFleagle@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Stove Replacement
Date: Tue, Mar 23, 1999, 3:06 AM

> My wife and I are planning to replace the butane stove in our P-19, but
> we're not sure what to replace it with. Should we get the same kind of
> stove that came with the boat? Ours won't stay on, and I don't want to
> have the same thing happen again. We talked about using one of the
> two-burner Coleman propane stoves, but have done absolutely no research
> yet, so let us know if this could be deadly.
>
> What should we buy? I'm interested in your opinions. Thanks! DGF

I've always liked that one-burner butane, so much so that I bought
another when the original rusted away after 10 years. The new ones are
better coated, so I don't expect this to recur.

Butane is the hottest of the liquid/gas fuels and thus cooks faster
and takes less storage room than CNG or propane. Finally, the fuel can
itself is easy to insert and remove, allowing one to store it outside
the enclosed area for safety. I put a drain in the bottom of the
cockpit storage compartment and store both butane and propane bottles
there.

Regards,

Bill Combs
WWP 19 #439 (Aug 1987)