Re: P-15 halyard hardware

Derek Jensen (djensen@teleport.com)
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:22:27 -0800

Jan,

I'm curious how you get the boltrope to slide up the slot easily. I have been
considering adding sail slugs, but I'm not sure how they would work for
reefing, jamming the large batten, falling out of the slot, etc. I also understand that
you get slightly better light wind performance with a bolt rope.

As it is now, I have to stand on top of the centerboard trunk and hold
the boltrope against the mast so that it feeds into the slot. Given that, running the halyard
back to the cockpit seems rather pointless. I have seen a device called
a boltrope feeder which screws to the mast, and I'm curious if that is
what you are using.

Derek Jensen
P-15 #694 "El Nino"
Portland, OR