Re: Crab Claw (was Geniuses are among us)

Wolfgang Bechstein (wolfie@alles.or.jp)
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 10:49:58 +0900

"Steven W. Barnes" <oldsurfdude@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> But, if you are a casual sailor who likes to put up one jib and one main
> on your sloop rig under your usual fair weather conditions, there are
> perhaps, some better, or at least reasonable, alternative rigs.

Hear, hear! Which is why I'm now looking into the possibility of
buying a small used sailboat locally and maybe equipping it with a
crab claw rig from that company (thanks to the person who posted the
URL), since I figure shipping the rig across the Pacific would be
possible without going for an entire 2,250-buck container. (They
haven't replied to my e-mail yet, though.)

Wolfgang Bechstein
wolfie@alles.or.jp
Potter-less in Japan