Copy of: Re: Tohatsu/Nissan 3.5 external tank info

Bill Zeitler (WZeitler@compuserve.com)
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 06:29:18 -0500

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

From: Bill Zeitler, 74211,1362
TO: INTERNET:oldsurfdude@worldnet.att.net,
INTERNET:oldsurfdude@worldnet.att.net
DATE: 3/28/99 6:10 AM

RE: Copy of: Re: Tohatsu/Nissan 3.5 external tank info

>The Costas wrote:

>> Did anyone mention hand cranked gas pumps? I saw a neat one that was
sold
>> to radio controllers for the chain saw motors on their big birds.

>What? Translation please?

> :)

>Steve Barnes sailing a Capri-16, #74, no name yet,
>and selling a WWP-14, Popeye, #561, in San Diego.
>OLDSURFDUDE

STEVE and the group,

I also would be interested in these [ or any other ] small hand pumps for
transfering gasoline to outboards [ at " sea " ]...that have integral
tanks [ to minimize spilling on pitching boat ].

Translation for OLDSURFDUDE: Radio controlled airplanes are now mostly
out the the price range of youth. There is a class of R/C [ Radio
Controled ] [ such as they are apparently using to overfly Kosovo with
remote TV cameras to do bomb damage assesment ]....called " Quarter Scale
". That is...they are approximately 1/4 full size ! Although there
are now aircraft - custom - designed large two and four stroke engines
large enough to power these "models"....some folks have converted both
chain saw and weed wacker engines to power the planes. One of the hand
pumps I have seen uses a [ excuse the spelling ] parastaltic method [ sort
of like how our intestines work ! ]. The fuel line is quite small
however....like 1/4 inch I.D. I think it would take a while to transfer
say a liter of gas that way.

If anybody has info on getting fuel safety to an integral tank, I would
join Mr. Costas in thanks.

Mr. Costas : >>>>> I did read about somebody just prefilling a number of
empty one liter, screw top oil cans with gasoline and then just dumping it
in when required.

Bill Zeitler
Wilmington, DE
" Amenity " [ modified Bay Hen ].