RE: A modest proposal

Laura Bertran (LBertran@npr.org)
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:48:47 -0500

For selfish reasons, I would be opposed to changing this list to a usenet
group. My only access to email is at work and my company has set up filters
that do not permit usenet access, so I would no longer be able to
participate. I really enjoy the discussions and information sharing that
takes place on this list and would hate to lose it.

Laura Bertran
lbertran@npr.org
1988 P15 #1703
"Scout"

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Sallee [mailto:ajsallee@engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Monday, March 29, 1999 8:52 PM
To: West Wight Potterers
Subject: A modest proposal

me to filter out any spam (although up till now, we've been pretty lucky)
and I feel I have more control over when I look at the messages - I have to
keep my email lists pretty clean so I can find business related mail.
Anyway, what would the thinking of the group be to setting up a usenet group
such as rec.boats.potter or rec.sports.potter?
I know that some ISPs are not very good about picking up new groups, but
most will (at least for a non-binary group) on request.
Since I don't feel like just going ahead on my own, please give me your
input.
Thanks
Andy
Beatrix, P19-854