Re: Tohatsu/Nissan 3.5 external tank discussion

The Costas (uffda@sonic.net)
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 19:13:53 -0800

SF wrote:

>I imagine that hand operated fuel pump would be ok while sailing in very
>protected waters where not more than 10 knot winds are ever expected and
waves
>never reach more than 3'. For ocean use I would strongly urge a motor with
>separate fuel tank of more than 2 gals...

SF and all

I forgot to tell you the other part to this solution. Through the same
hobby stores you can buy a fitting that you mount to the side of a fuselage
(read that engine cover)with a hose connected to the tank. The kit also
contains a plug that you attach to the end of the hose coming from the pump.
The fitting is sealed until you plug the hose into it. They lock together
keeping the bay out of the gas, and the gas out of the bay. What doya think
Solar Fry?

Larry