Re: dagger board backup

theodore f. boyer (freelanc@execpc.com)
Wed, 07 Apr 1999 03:01:23 -0500

--------------8C0B689A74301DFE2A04FF8A

Dear William,
Getting the weighted keel down probably isn't a problem at sea. In
my opinion it should stay down like any permanent keel. Raised at sea
for any reason, can subject your cruiser to a capsized vessel to deal
with. Most land port entry areas have docking for permanent keels and at
that time you can deal with a keel that won't retract. So now enjoy your
sail and deal with your worries later. If you replace the lifting blocks
be sure they are the gray color pulleys designed for cable from Harken.
The winch from IM has a very unique clutching feature, I'd only replace
it with the same one or one recommended by IM for your WWP19
Ted - Milwaukee WWPotter19 hull#0940 'Sea Breeze"