New Mast Support Gudgeons versus existing gudgeons.

SolarFry@aol.com
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 23:15:11 EDT

How did you come about for location of new gudgeons about 4" from existing? I
am leaning to about 2" from existing as that way mast is not too far off
center. I fear too far off center may harm that mast base and cause leakage
below.

As I mentioned before new gudgeons are expensive, I plan to make my own out
of 3/16" or 1/8" aluminum L stock. They will look similar to existing
gudgeons.

Comments?

Best
SF