Re: Epoxy cure times?

Steve Barnes (Oldsurfdude@worldnet.att.net)
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:30:40 -0700

Eric Johnson wrote:

> I'm going up to the san juans (not by boat though) for the next few days for
> my wedding anniversary so I'll see if it has cured by the time I get back.
> The weather should be good, so hopefully the ambient temperatures will be
> higher and the humidity lower and this stuff will cure.

I once went through something similar on a Lido 14. I don't know at
what point in time it finally cured, but withing a month or two, and I
was using it the whole time, it finally cured. I didn't have time to do
anything else, and I wasn't about to give up sailing. This was a repair
on the exterior of the transom, below the waterline, too. After a dual
with the rocks, just like Bernie. It was an old cheap boat. It worked
out fine, eventually. You could see the scars because I couldn't match
the color exactly, but it did cure.

:)

Steve Barnes, now a lurker, temporarily sailing a Capri-16, #74, in San
Diego.
(former WWP-14 skipper)
OLDSURFDUDE