Re: Main furling

Ted Duke (tedduke@usa.net)
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 20:17:08 -0400

Rye,

I found that when I drop the main I find it easier to
bundle the sail to the boom from aft to forward (that's
tiller end to pointed end <g>) and secure as you go
forward. I installed eye bolts in the boom and small
cleats opposite (staggered between the eyebolts) and
installed a bunge thru the eyebolts. Then I can reach
across the furled sail and bring the bunge over and hook
it and then move forward.

When you are out on that section of the Potomoac make sure
you don't have anything on deck that looks like a
bazooka. <BG>

Tee