Re: Wide-128 again

George Sweet (georges@carol.net)
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 11:21:53 -0400

From: Tom Bodine <tbodine@seasick.sps.mot.com>
To: West Wight Potter p <wwpotter@tscnet.com>
Date: Thursday, April 22, 1999 2:08 PM
Subject: Wide-128 again

>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>Tom,
How far forward the centerboard did you mount it? If its in the cabin its on
the innershell floor and won't work. If its far forward accessable by the
big bilge hatch it may be out of the water at times, or have a bubble in the
epoxy, you did use slow cure epoxy?? In any case you probably now have a
conversation peice rather than a transducer. Be careful not to damage the
fiberglass of your hull trying to remove it. I saw that happen on a
powerboat some years ago. Hummingbird had Puck transducers on sale via
their website store area a month or two ago for 14.95, regular about $50. I
got one and may try to mount it in one of the cabinet areas but not where it
would come out of the water when heeled. This location would interfere with
batteries or water system. Anyone had a successful installation?
Good Luck

George Sweet
P-19 Sea Dove
Greenville SC