Re: Almost lost my mast.... operator error.

theodore f. boyer (freelanc@execpc.com)
Sat, 15 May 1999 17:54:06 -0500

Dear Bill,
I don't see anything really wrong with using SS bolts and nuts in place of pins
and rings, except that, unless the bolts have a shoulder there may be some
elongation to the deck plate holes over time. You may wish to watch for the
effect, that might occur. I have sheared those rings.
Ted - Milwaukee WWPotter19 Hull #0940 "Sea breeze"