Re: boom outhaul -- Every inch lost adds 3 inches of draft to your

John Marotzke (jmarotz@earthlink.net)
Sat, 22 May 1999 11:47:08 -0400

Good stuff Judy,
It looks like I have solved the problem. I moved the bail at the aft end of the
boom all the way to the end. That was after I made the bail smaller by bending it
together, not as long just taller. Thus gaining about 1 1/2" of length. Then at
the goose neck I was able to place 2 washers between the the goose neck and the
boom fitting. Gained another 1/4 of a inch. I use a small block on the aft end of
the boom now. The next thing (thanks to one of our readers) is to place a small
cheek block on the side of the boom and loose the small block that I now use.
That will give me at least another 1/2". Total, about 2" plus. All with out
buying a boom extension. Isn't this web great?

Thanks to you'll
John Marotzke
P-15 Hooray