Re: Apples & Oranges - it appears we could have both!!!!

happy life skills foundation (hapilife@efn.org)
Mon, 24 May 1999 02:45:38 -0700 (PDT)

all right! isn't it really aerodynamically superior to LEAVE THE SAIL
ALONE, insert the bolt rope in the mast and have the sail luff adjacent to
the mast all the way up? it seems to me it is stronger too to have one
continuous connection between mast and sail. Big Deal! so the sail falls
into the 'companionway'. i doused and rehoisted yesterday in maybe 45
seconds...we are talking about a vessel upon which one takes 2 steps in
any direction and can reach it all, especially if you have a jib downhaul.
Ken Silverman "vegan Lorax"