Re: New owner dumb question number 1

Paul Anstett (panstett2@yahoo.com)
Mon, 24 May 1999 19:46:23 -0700 (PDT)

When new passengers board at the dock (relatives, mostly) my keel board
is up because of the water depth. Before we motor out to set the sails
I make sure they're listening to me as I tell them they are sailing in
a wonderful boat, but until the keel board is lowered, it is very
unstable. After it's dropped, they can do anything they want, within
reason. I make very sure they are all paying attention before I motor
out.

I'm very careful about this, and my kids always make fun of me for the
"lecture". When they get older I assume they'll appreciate the idea of
minimal risk when others are involved.

Paul Anstett
P19 SarahSpunda
Fargo