Re: Close call (was RE: Shrouds)

JBlumhorst@aol.com
Wed, 26 May 1999 14:02:36 EDT

In a message dated 5/25/99 9:09:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
khatch@uswest.net writes:

> I'm using white elecrician's tape, as someone
> suggested earlier. It seemed to work well, so far. I certainly have
> learned my lesson about careful inspection and taking a few extra
> precautionary steps.
>
> Kellan Hatch
> P-19 #1059, Moondance
> Murray, Utah

Dos anybody know how hard it is to remove white electrical tape vs. riggers
tape? Sometimes you need to get it off in a hurry. (That's why sailors wear
knives ) Does it leave a sticky residue when you remove it?

An $8 roll of riggers tape will do a P19 almost twice over from top to bottom
and front to back. It sticks to itself by being stretched, it has no
adhesive. You can leave it in hot sun and it doesn't leave a sticky residue
when you remove it.

Regards,
Judy B