Re: Beaching advice

Ted Duke (tedduke@usa.net)
Wed, 09 Jun 1999 23:37:10 -0400

Gang,

Memorial Day I tried to sail, NO WIND, but I did motor out
and join family and friend beached on an island. I soon
discovered the power boat wake was not going to allow me to
just BEACH the Potter. It was rocking and rolling for about
5 minutes. Finally with help of my son, bigger than me, we
got Potter turned around and put anchor OUT and line in to
tree. Later when we were leaving I thought "OOOPS, took
water thru the trunk". Then when I was cleaning up realized
I had forgotten to close the COOLER PLUG. I am NOT
complaining, but wonder why my 1990 #626 doesn't take water
thru the daggerboard trunk? Anyone else with a 1990 have a
comment? Maybe ours are different?

Ted Duke
WWPs19 #626