Re: Cutting V Berth Hatch.... easy method

Eric Pederson (eric@winternet.com)
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 08:38:06 -0500 (CDT)

It has been rumored that Paul Anstett said:

> Let's face it...sailing is our interest. You can't force it on a
> spouse...you can only hope she (or he) will accept it. If your spouse
> loves it like you do, that's dumb luck. So if your wife is sailing
> with you, but not enthusiastically engaged, you're a lucky guy.

When we're under motor power, Julie is at the helm. Around the docks, in
open water and when beaching. She'll handle the tiller under sail until
it's time to change tack - then it's my show. I hope to get her more tiller
time under sail this year - we both like lounging against the cabin
bulkhead while the other steers, so it's a bit of a chore sometimes. :)

She'd really like a powerboat - she prefers going fast and getting there
more than she prefers the trip itself. She seems to appreciate the sailing
more and more each time, especially when I steer and she gets to soak up
some sun, so there is some hope there.

I told her that, when we eventually move up to a larger boat, we'll need
a motorized dinghy. I hope that's enough to keep her happy.

> --- Rye Gewalt <ryeg@vais.net> wrote:
> > Eric Said:
> > "The wife made the cut using a saber saw with a
> > fine-tooth blade."
> >
> > Rye Says:
> > Wife? Tools? Whoa! We got another Judy in the
> > making here? My ego
> > was reassured when I found out that the hole was in
> > the wrong place. I
> > wish my wife were that interested in the boat.

The hole was in the wrong place because I marked it there. Her cut was
perfect.

Julie really likes working with tools. She's learning to make stained-glass
right now, but she's also a decent rough carpenter and would like to get
into cabinet and furniture making. We've been spending our extra money on
boat stuff this year; no cash for woodworking tools.

She does most of the epoxy work on the boat and helps with everything else
that's not electrical.

--
Eric L. Pederson   |   Mercenary SysAdmin   |   eric@winternet.com