Leehelm on P-19,how to correct?

Muskraattt@aol.com
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 13:23:22 EDT

--part1_147ad2a0.2493f18a_boundary

From: Muskraattt@aol.com
Full-name: Muskraattt
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 08:55:04 EDT
Subject: Leehelm on P-19,how to correct?
To: gollerj@home.com
CC: ecpa@onelist.com

Well Gang,
l had prozac out for her first sail today. Wind 10 kts S.SE. partly cloudy.
This should have ben a perfect day. We stowed away the gear,fired up the
motor,and cast off.Raised both sailsin main channel.broad reached for 30
min.Then ran wing and wing for another 20 min. Then went to tack....could not
bring bow accross wind without backwashing mailsail.Very frusterating. Was
attempting to show my wife that if she got in trouble,to release the helm and
the boat would point into the wind... but it didnt! The boat fell off the
wind and began a broad reach ,witch l am almost certain would have become a
run if l hadnt taken helm back in my hands.
How do l correct this??
As far as speed and stability... we were as fast as a Catalina 22 that was
sailing with us, he could point up better that we could..but while he was on
a good heal.. we had none.. the Potters is stiff.
Can anyone help me fix this? Is it something l am going to just have to deal
with?
Help, and thanks,
Rob Mitchell
P-19 644 Prozac