Re: Help and information

TillyLucy@aol.com
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 16:51:08 EDT

In a message dated 6/12/99 1:28:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time, IEhren@aol.com
writes:

> Hi Potters,

> I have a 1998 15foot Potter

> must have hit something that knocked my center board off and would like to
> know how to reattach it with the boat in the water or do I have to take it
> out of the water to do it. Thank you

I'd say it's easier to do with it in the water, though you can do it with the
boat on the trailer (if that's where is it happens to be).

If you check the drawing of the centerplate at:
http://www.lesbois.com/wwpotter/specifications/center_plate.htm
it will give you an idea of what you need to do to get it back on - slide the
front edge along the pin until you "find" the slot. The board then needs to
go forward, then down.

The board weighs 70 lbs. or more so take care not to hurt your back.

Dave Kautz
P-15 #1632 Tilly Lucy
Palo Alto, CA