Re: Piece-O-Crap

Curt Westlake (cwestlake@k-w-b.com)
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 18:31:52 +0000

I beat you to the faucet and sink problem by one week in my new p-19,
#1096. Mine had a problem with the connection of the hose to faucet/pump.
The clamp was too loose (actually it was barely on there). Until I
tightened the clamp on the hose, I couldn't get anything at all to come our
of the faucet. The hose tightener at IM must have been hung over when he
worked on my boat because every hose on the boat had to be tightened up.

You may want to try holding the bag upside down until the vacuum of the
pump sucks water all the way up the pipe. That worked for me. If that
doesn't work, your pump may be malfunctioning, and you're screwed. Time to
call IM.

The wonderful people on this list have helped me out so much, I hope I was
finally able to help someone else. Good luck.

Curt Westlake
P-19 1096
No name yet
Greenville, SC

P.S. You may want to console or at least entertain yourself with the Neil
Young song, "Piece of Crap," from the Sleeps With Angels CD, a diatribe on
quality merchandise today. It's a funny song, true Neil Young at his
garage band best:

Tried to save the trees,
Bought a plastic bag,
the bottom fell out